Pokemon Shadow League

This is a very fun place where you can hang out with Pokemon fans from all over the world. You can request trades, challenge a friend to a Wifi battle. You can also join tournaments and win prizes. We have a chatbox were you can chat with people.

RMT!!

Zazzy9

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

RMT!!

Post by Zazzy9 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:49 am

Being a new member I'll introduce myself by posting a RMT

My Stall Team

Swampert @ Damp Rock/Rindo Berry
    Sassy
    Torrent
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Earthquake/Roar
    Stealth Rock

Set up Rocks and Rain. decent late game sweeper
    Idk about the item or move though.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Rain Dish
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Leech Seed
    Substitute

Standard. But with Substitute to stall for HP.

Skarmory@ Lum Berry
    Impish
    Sturdy
    Brave Bird
    Spikes/Night Slash/Rock Slide
    Swords Dance
    Roost

A new Skarm I found on another site. Idk whether to go Spikes, Slash Rock Slide

Electivire@ Life Orb
    Lonely
    Motor Drive
    Thunder Bolt
    Cross Chop
    Earthquake
    Ice punch

Mix-Vire

Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Calm/Bold
    Water Absorb
    Wish
    Baton Pass
    Acid Armor
    Surf

Wish off Damage and give a Defense Boost to those who need it.
    Also idk about nature.

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold
    Natural Cure
    Thunder
    Ice Beam
    Calm Mind
    Soft Boiled

Double Beaming Bliss. After an Acid Armor pass from Vaporeon it does well.
    Idk about nature though.

Any suggestions?
    DIdn't post EV spreads cuz I'm lazy!
    Raine

Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2008-03-07

Re: RMT!!

Post by Raine on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:10 pm

Hmmm well, I think leftovers would work on Swampert, and instead of hydro pump, you might want to put waterfall (physical move) unless you have a mixpert.

As for Skarmory, I would take out swords dance as it isn't exactly meant to be a sweeper, which would free up two slots - one which could be spikes/stealth rock (spikes would be better if your swampert has already set up stealth rock) and drill peck. Leftovers would work well with Skar too.

And for Blissey, instead of Thunder use Thunderbolt (unless you're sure to always have the rain on your side). A bold nature works best. x3

The rest seems fine with me. :O Also, welcome to the forums haha.
    WWII

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2008-03-18

Post by WWII on Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:03 pm

I don't know what to say without rehashing some of what Raine said above, but here goes:

Hydro Pump isn't a good choice. It's pretty inaccurate and I doubt you want to put the fate of your match in the hands of a lucky "Swampert Missed!". If you're going for a Special Move, then I suggest you pick something that can cover Swampert in terms of type and isn't terribly inaccurate. If you want a Physical Move, go with Waterfall.

Are you trying to make a sweeping Skarmroy? If so, I have to give you an applause...many people stick to the same basic moves (at least the people I have face). Congrats for not being just another person with the same move-set. As far as the second slot is concerned, I'd go for spikes. That's just me, though.

Electivire. Yeah, a lot of people have this same set so I don't know..what to say. Oh, I know. For my Electivire I chose Low Kick over Cross Chop. I love the reliability and it takes care of a lot of Pokes (T-Tars, for one). Sure, Low Kick wont be OHKO'ing a Blissey but I think it's more practical. I'd also go with Expert Belt over Life Orb.

Blissey + Thunder = Nah. Something more accurate, Raine said Thunderbolt and that fits the "Electric Move" theme. But if you're running a Vire, I don't know why you'd really need a Thunderbolt on it. Go for Thunder Wave, maybe?

No comment on the rest, for the most part I've seen some of these sets a lot.

Zazzy9

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

Post by Zazzy9 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:14 am

Swampy: Well I think I should stay Hydro Pump for Swampy cuz I THINK it becomes 100% accuracy in Rain...maybe not though.

Skarm: Thanks

Vire: T-punch 2KO's Skarm, T-bolt OHKO's it Smile

Bliss: I think I can get this gal in early game when it's still raining.

Anymore suggestions?
    WWII

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2008-03-18

Post by WWII on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:21 am

Well, with the rain thing...I can see some of these moves being more viable.

I'm still thinking Low Kick over Cross Chop, though.
    Angelo-kun
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Number of posts : 344
    Registration date : 2008-03-05

Post by Angelo-kun on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:48 am

Hmm, sassy swampert is very interesting in my opinion and can catch plenty off guard, if using sassy nature, i would use the sprad of 252 hp, 176 def, 80 sp.def. Although if you use that set, you will have not defense because skarmory is an attacker aswell, i would suggest making skarmory impish natured with 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def / 4 Spe or 252 hp / 76 atk / 176 def (this set is alittle more defensive then the previous one and makes heracrosses closecombat a 3ko instead of a 2ko i think). Thunder is okay on a bliss, but flamethrower actually catches my attention more. I realized you wanted thunder because of raindance witch is fine, but i realised you had no one with a fire attack. but its up to you, with thunder you can easily scare off gyrados.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:31 pm